Thursday, May 15, 2008

Become A Professional Speaker Of Excellence


Make no mistake about it, it takes work to become the best in anything. When it comes to professional speaking, you simply have to know what you're doing.

Having been a professional speaker for quite some time now, I still find myself attending seminars, workshops, training, and receive speaker coaching. Why?

The minute you think you know all there is to know about professional speaking, there is always more to learn. If and when you decide to become a professional speaker, I highly recommend you approach it with an open mind.

Your mantra for becoming a speaker should include becoming a speaker of excellence. Once you accept the reality of living your dreams as a professional speaker, you should seek to perfect your speaking skills and abilities.

If you settle for anything less than perfection, you will fall short of your goals and disappoint your audience. In other words, you will have to be fully persuaded to become a professional speaker of excellence.

Take a look around the professional speaking industry and what do you see? People like Les Brown, Willie Jolley, Zig Ziglar, Debbie Ford, and many others work hard to secure their livelihood.

The speakers I just listed practice hard, conduct research about their topic, market, receive coaching, invest in and educate themselves about the speaking industry and take their speaking game to the next level, time and time again.

If you want to be the best, the only way to become the best is to listen to collectively work with your speaking coach and follow the master plan, he or she outlines for you. Will it be tough?

It will be tough if you're not coachable. If you're coachable you'll flourish like a much needed rain, or sunshine of a very cloudy day.

Before you approach someone or a company about coaching you, I highly recommend you have a conversation with yourself. The conversation should include the following:

1. I'm ready to become a professional speaker of excellence.
2. I'm fully persuaded to become the best professional speaker I can be.
3. I have a clear vision for my success in the speaking industry.
4. My passion for speaking surpasses all the obstacles, barriers, and hurdles I may encounter.
5. I cannot let myself down I believe in myself.
6. Failure is not an option, success is the avenue leading to my financial success.
7. I accept excellence in all forms of manifestation.

These seven topics of discussion will lead you to become a professional speaker of excellence. Allow excellence to become a way of life and you will become what you were destined to be.

Paul Lawrence Vann
Speaker Coach
"Make Millions Speaker Coaching'
938 Swan Creek Road E 144
Fort Washington, MD 20744
(240) 416-5007
www.paullawrencevann.com

No comments: